Turbine ventilators are essential additions to the roofs of industrial factories. They help to dispose of exhaust airflow using negative pressure. The turbine rotates due to the varying pressure in the downstream end and improves ventilation in buildings. The turbines can combine the use of wind and pressure gradients to assist ventilation in factory buildings or use solar energy.
Based on their energy source, they can be classified into:
- Solar turbine ventilator
- Wind turbine ventilator
Here we’ll guide you through the functioning, various components, key uses, and major adva-ntages of using Wind Turbine Ventilators.
Dynamics and Functioning of a Wind Turbine
Turbine Ventilators are basically industrial wall exhaust fans that act as a system for secondary ventilation.
- Low pressure of the lighter air from industrial activity creates a suction.
- This sets the rooftop turbines into rotation, thereby drawing more air.
- As wind strikes the ventilator, the rotation increases many folds.
- This creates a positive airflow and rotates the turbine; the associated centripetal force draws out hot air, smoke, etc.
- The suction and the airflow together work to discharge the hot, contaminated air from the inside of the building.
Various Components of a Wind Turbine Ventilator
The ventilator additions contain metal covering all over, a customizable number of blades according to the need, and wind catching cups/ curved blades on the outside to facilitate airflow and help in the rotation. There is also a vertical shaft and stand bar to support the whole structure.
A closed neck usually connects the top ventilator prototype to the factory building that acts as a pathway for the contaminated air to reach the turbine.
Riseecovent has been known to manufacture high-quality and long-lasting wind turbine ventilators. Our expertise holds unmatched credibility amongst customers for the advanced design and unmatched performance. Our turbines use the best parts and components for leading ventilation solutions across India, Thailand, Singapore, and the UAE.
Where can Wind Turbine Ventilators be Used?
Any factories require a smoke ventilation system. But adding turbine ventilators removes heat and smoke and draws out harmful gases and residual substances dispersed in the air.
- Any factories that burn fossil fuel for various purposes.
- Industries that result in byproducts of organic compounds like Carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons, and other greenhouse gases.
- Factories that involve a lot of heat and hence emit a lot of hot air and smoke.
- Manufacturing that requires the combustion of biomass.
- Industrial workplaces with lots of employees working.
The air must be devoid of these to maintain a healthy environment for all its workers. Sometimes, these factors can also affect the manufacturing process, accumulate, or cause other undesirable problems.
What does a Wind Turbine Ventilator do?
The main three functions of these ventilation turbines are:
- Keep out hot air, polluted and contaminated air.
- Act as a smoke ventilation system.
- Remove excess fumes, humidity, and harmful gases.
It is essential to equip factories and industrial workplaces with wind turbines, especially those involving combustion, manufacturing, production, and human labor.
Advantages of Using Industrial Exhaust Fan
- Efficiency: One quality of wind turbines is energy efficiency. By using pressure gradients and naturally available wind, which is a form of solar energy, no separate source of power is needed to run the turbines and equipment.
- Effectiveness: In general, the nature of working also creates effective maintenance of a clean environment as it helps remove all the polluted air, humidity, and dispersed dust particles.
- Cheap: The turbine ventilators are built to last and can function without requiring maintenance for a long time. Since they use wind energy to boost functioning, factories don’t need to dedicate any amount of electricity to the fans, thereby cutting costs.
- Space-saving: The ergonomic design of the ventilation system help to fit many of the turbines in small roof space without compromising on efficiency. They can function with slow speeds of wind as well.
- Creates Healthy Work Environment: Nearly all factories and industries emit a lot of heat and harmful substances. On inhaling, these can cause a lot of health problems and can also be fatal. Hence, enhancing the effectiveness of the ventilation system with additional wind turbine ventilators
Riseecovent strives to work out these and add more with proficiency and prominence. To know more about Riseecovent and our services, do have a look at our online catalog of products on our website https://www.riseecovent.com/.